Terms and Conditions
Website usage Terms and Conditions
The term ‘Magpies Miniatures’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website, where the registered office is 1 New Close, Newbiggin, Ulverston, Cumbria, UK
The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us and our hosts at Create.net This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website. Watermarks may not be removed if you are using our images for any purpose.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may create links to this website from another website or document with Magpies Miniatures’ prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
- The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Magpies Miniatures and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
- In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website
- Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Magpies Miniatures. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them
- Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Magpies Miniatures takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control. Our host Create.net can be found by clicking on the link in the footer of each page.
- We reserve the right to withdraw any promotional codes at any given time. Certain criteria may be necessary to use particular codes, and if you do not meet these, then we will contact you to resolve any issues created. This may mean your order will be held until outstanding invoices are paid.
Magpies Miniatures is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Magpies Miniatures may change this policy occasionally by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from February 2010
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Customers Name when provided
- Customer contact information including email address and delivery address
- Demographic information such as postcode
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- Improving our products and services
- We do NOT share your information and will not sell it on to third parties
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure,we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- When you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes if one is available.
- You may opt out of receiving newsletters at any time using the relevant form on the News tab, or by using the link on any of the newsletters. Alternatively, notify us by emailing [email protected]
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to [email protected]
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to our email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
International Shipping (Non UK)
Please be aware that you are responsible for shipping costs. We cannot be responsible for any tariffs, customs restrictions, or other regulations that apply in countries outside the UK. We encourage you to speak with your customs office if you have any questions. You are responsible for any duties or taxes that may apply to the shipment of any products to your country. By law, we are obligated to report the exact amount of the sale on the Customs Form (C22). As a customer, you are responsible to comply with International, National or local laws regulating importation of products that you may purchase. It is entirely your responsibility to NOT order items that are illegal to import into your country. There is usually not an importation problem, but occasionally they occur. The risk is yours. (Please consider NOT purchasing adhesives and resin products if they are to be delivered to areas outside of the UK - cabin pressure and customs declarations may prove to be problem factors and your order is likely to be seized) You will be responsible for the entire package cost if it is seized and we do not receive it back.
If for any reason the package is seized by Customs Officials, we will not issue you a refund unless all products are returned to us in their original condition. If the package is returned to us by Customs Officials, you are still responsible for any shipping charges.
If an order is refused delivery by customs due to unauthorized ingredients or contents, Magpies Miniatures is not to be held responsible for any losses or costs incurred by the customer. If the shipment is abandoned the customer will not receive a refund or credit of any kind. If in any case we received a return of any shipment refused by customs authorities of any country, Magpies Miniatures will credit the customer for the value of the unopened and un-tampered products purchased. No refund on shipping charges incurred for the return of the shipment or shipping charges sending the product.
Once the order has been shipped, you are responsible for paying for the order, plus shipping costs.
By ordering, you agree to be bound by these terms.
Customers orders are shipped by Royal Mail or Parcelforce for all overseas customers. Charges are based on destination. Customers are responsible for all exported content. It is the consumers responsibility to know the laws and regulations for importing products into their country. Customers are responsible for any losses Magpies Miniatures does not guarantee successful delivery due to import/export laws & regulations that the consumer is responsible for. It is the consumers’ sole responsibility to only order what is legal for sale in their country. Receiver is responsible for any and all duty and/or VAT. Proof of postage is always obtained, and may be shown to you in case of dispute. Magpies Miniatures cannot provide tracking information unless you have opted for an insured postage option. Tacking is limited to whichever service is paid for.
Please also note:
All items shown on this site are collectables and are NOT suitable for children under the age of 14. They are not sold as toys, and do not include CE marks. The items for sale are miniature scale items for doll houses, roomboxes and crafts- not full size working products. We will not tolerate any abuse, hate-speech or threats from anybody, and if recieved we will pass on your details to the relevant authorities, who may choose to follow up the complaints. We reserve the right to alter the price/description of any product, and any details on this website without prior notice.